Model MU1 contained clinical features of patients without symptoms
Model awaiting external validation
Model MU1 predicts the risk of asymptomatic patients to develop severe COVID-19 disease . It used clinical factors only: It has the ambition to identify the high risk patients that should follow a strict lockdown. The model contains only clinical features of patients without symptoms.
Reference: Wu G, Lambin et al. Submitted for publication
Outcome should be “Probability of severe illness in case of infection”. If the risk is high a strict preventive lockdown should be applied.
Definition of severe disease: Severe illness is defined as meeting at least one of the following criteria during hospitalization:
• respiratory distress with respiratory frequency ≥ 30/min
• pulse oximeter oxygen saturation ≤ 93% at rest
• oxygenation index (artery partial pressure of oxygen/inspired oxygen fraction) ≤ 300 mmHg
• respiratory failure requiring mechanical ventilation
• ICU admission due to combined organ failure